Cyna Games Forum � July 21, 2003
Cyna Games
35332 Posts in 1434 Topics by 9988 Members. Latest Member: PieLam
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Community home  Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: July 21, 2003  (Read 19914 times)
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 49
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« on: July 21, 2003, 00:00:00 »

As you may have noticed on the front page, Kyodai Mahjongg has been honored for the second year in a row with the Shareware Industry Award for Best Non-Action Game ! I am really grateful to everyone who voted for my little game. I feel both proud and ashamed, because I've been spending the last 3 months working nearly exclusively on my new French-speaking website about Japanese animation. I've only been doing a couple of bug fixes, and should be releasing this updated version anytime during the summer holidays.  This long break has at least given me the courage to say that I'm going to stop following the DirectX releases like I've been doing for years. Switching from DirectX 6.1 to 7.0 then 8.0 only brought minor improvements, nothing spectacular in my opinion, and took most of the time in my programming schedule. Actually I'm thinking of switching back to OpenGL -- another process which could take some time, but in the end, I would end up with an engine that is at last easy to update when adding new mini-games. I believe I may have done a mistake when switching from OpenGL to DirectX 6.1 some three years ago, because it took me years to reach the programming quality that I had achieved in only a few months with OpenGL. Of course, now, most of the DirectX work IS done, so it shouldn't be a very important matter for me. I just think I lost my way by going the DirectX-upgrade-route, and I must admit that there is basically no point in using recent versions of DirectX for animating a 3D board game.  I'm still going to take some time to finish my website (3 months is already a long time to work on a project like this), but I'll try my best to make room for more programming sessions for Kyodai Mahjongg, too. First, the "bug fix" release, then, later during the autumn, a major update with new exciting features that have been awaited for a long time.  Thanks for your patience, and for the award, everyone !

My dearest friend if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side...
Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever,
For it is plain as anyone can see... We're simply meant to be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: