Cyna Games Forum � New release: Kyodai Mahjongg 18.42
Cyna Games
35336 Posts in 1434 Topics by 9988 Members. Latest Member: PieLam
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Community home  Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New release: Kyodai Mahjongg 18.42  (Read 23749 times)
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 49
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« on: February 12, 2002, 00:00:00 »

• [Language] Updated translations : German, Spanish, Serbian, Turkish, Russian, Polish, Dutch (now with troubleshooting help translated by Johan Wijbenga) and Italian (now with rules and registration help files translated by Mario Pallavera).
  • [Language] Included "forgotten" translations from v18.00 in the package. Sorry ! Turkish (new translation by Eser Güven), Ukrainian and Catalan (although I'm not sure about the quality of this one).
  • [Cool] Kyodai now tries to set the default language to the language you're using in Windows.
  • [Cool] Added an option in Solitaire mode to show only the tiles that can be selected. Makes the game easier or harder, depends on your way of playing...
  • [Cool] Implemented the Realistic Tiles in 2D mode. Unfortunately I've been unable to give them a visible 3D effect so far, but I'll try to put it back in a future version. If you don't like the result, you can always switch back to the "Simple Cubes" type of tiles when playing in 2D.
  • [Cool] Added more options in the Startup dialog box. Now you can disable the music and sound effects immediately, enable the Hardware T&L if it is available, and disable the Contemplation mode -- I've also added a short description of it because many people don't know what it is for. I know, sometimes I choose strange names for my options.
  • [Cool] Now, when you enter the hall of fame, Kyodai will throw fireworks in your honor. I can't believe how many user requests I've finally added in this update... Wink
  • [Cool] Made the letters and numbers larger in both normal and "Large Numerals and Letters" modes, because I realized they were quite unreadable (and thus useless) in their current size.
  • [Cool] Replaced the default maximize/minimize icons with custom bitmaps because of size problems under Windows XP. Added a highlight animation in the process.
  • [Fix] Added Realistic Tiles compatibility in all Tile Animation types. Also added tile rotation.
  • [Fix] Fixed Layout editor which had a few minor issues in the last version.
  • [Fix] Added in the Troubleshooting help file an explanation about the PCI Latency patch, possibly fixing the "Infinite Loop" crash error that some people used to get on VIA-based motherboards.
  • [Fix] Now you can switch between two Windows XP user accounts with Kyodai running without crashing.
  • [Fix] Fixed grayed-out "Stop" context menu option in Kumika.
  • [Fix] Fixed unrealistic Environment and EMBM Bump mapping effects in realistic tiles mode Wink
  • [Fix] Fixed Emboss Bump mapping on "simple cube" tiles. It now works well on NVidia cards, but doesn't on ATI cards. Even Microsoft's Emboss samples don't work on Radeon cards anyway. Please note that I will probably never implement the Emboss mode on realistic tiles because it would be at least 10 times slower than with EMBM Bump mapping.

My dearest friend if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side...
Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever,
For it is plain as anyone can see... We're simply meant to be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: