Cyna Games Forum � New release: Kyodai Mahjongg 18.00
Cyna Games
35336 Posts in 1434 Topics by 9988 Members. Latest Member: PieLam
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Community home  Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New release: Kyodai Mahjongg 18.00  (Read 22283 times)
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 49
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« on: January 12, 2002, 00:00:00 »

• [Language] Updated translations : Spanish, Russian.
  • [Great] Added a "Realistic Tiles" option to create (at last !) life-like tiles with round borders (3D mode only). Best experienced on GeForce and Radeon video cards with the T&L device enabled ! Please note that this feature is NOT final. While all the major issues have been adressed during beta testing (only exception : emboss mapping not supported), there are probably still minor issues that I haven't noticed earlier, simply because it involved rewriting all of the 3D engine. Wait and see...
  • [Cool] Upgraded to DirectX 7.0... Apparently the problems some of you experienced with version 15.00 (my previous attempt at a DirectX 7.0 core) are no more !
  • [Cool] Optimized loading speeds at startup. There isn't a lot of room for improvement, though. Initial menu translation is now twice faster, and Midi file loading is up to 20 times faster when the DirectSound engine is enabled. I also believe I managed to speed up texture loading.
  • [Cool] Added "Force 16-bit textures" option to improve performance in 32-bit color mode.
  • [Cool] Improved the Hints visibility by making the tiles blink. You can stop the blinking effect simply by clicking on any tile.
  • [Cool] Improved menu handling by making it easier to switch from a submenu to its parent menu. Oh that was a boring one, wasn't it ? Wink
  • [Cool] The sound effects are now available as Wave files in your Kyodai directory. So you can now replace them with your own custom wave files if you want.
  • [Cool] Added in the Configuration menu an option to use a threaded timer instead of a CPU idle timer. Kyodai will be a bit slower with a threaded timer, but will not use 100% of the available CPU time.
  • [Fix] Fixed issues with Windows XP guest accounts.
  • [Fix] Fixed issues with Radeon 8500 and GeForce3 cards (opaque shadows, broken EMBM...).
  • [Fix] Fixed incompatibility between low resolution textures and bump mapping mode.
  • [Fix] The score bug should now be completely fixed. Tough one. Had to write my own color depth conversion routine for this.
  • [Fix] About 742 other fixes I always forget to mention in this help file. Who reads it anyway ? Well, at least you. And me.

My dearest friend if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side...
Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever,
For it is plain as anyone can see... We're simply meant to be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: