Cyna Games Forum ï¿½ New release: Kyodai Mahjongg 19.00
Cyna Games
35332 Posts in 1434 Topics by 9988 Members. Latest Member: PieLam
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Community home  Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New release: Kyodai Mahjongg 19.00  (Read 25712 times)
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 49
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« on: February 17, 2003, 00:00:00 »

• [Background] Added background "Pandas", which also replaces Keshiki (now the Game Selector's background) in the Kids theme.
  • [New] A big part of the 3D engine has, again, been rewritten nearly from scratch. This time, it was fully converted to DirectX 8.0. As a result, bugs may arise, others may disappear (well, it seems to be less crash-prone to me !), and overall speed seems to have been improved compared to previous versions. Also greatly improved speed for switching tilesets, backgrounds, small tilesets, skins or themes.
  • [New] Completely rewrote the Extended Layout Selector. Much easier to use, faster to load, offers layout names and page numbers.
  • [New] Rewrote the Layout Selector. Added selectors for Backgrounds, Tilesets and Small Tilesets. You can also change the default directory for each of them.
  • [New] Improved 3D effect on menus and toolbar selections.
  • [New] Official MultiSample support (that is, anti-aliasing a.k.a FSAA). It also works in windowed mode (at least on ATI Radeon 9700's). And it looks... really good Smile
  • [New] [Alt]+[Enter] now toggles fullscreen/window modes. The usual key combination.
  • [New] Added "Show Game Selector" option in the View menu to allow you to disable it. You can still use the menu to launch a new game.
  • [New] Optimizations in my code and use of graphics, allowed the game files to be reduced in size considerably in some places (although not that much overall Wink).
  • [New] Simplified several technical aspects. The Z-Buffer will now always be enabled, T&L activation will be offered on the DirectX configuration panel instead of the main menu, etc... Also modified some functionality in the dialog boxes. Some things were added, others were removed, with plans to put them back as soon if needed.
  • [New] I've spent several weeks reprogramming the dialog box management, so you should have a few surprises on this side. Fast window shadows, moveable windows, alpha-blended animations, better-looking list boxes and other controls, windows no longer short-circuiting main menu and textured mouse cursor...
  • [New] Added menu option for alpha-blended window animations and separated menu entries for window shadows and menu shadows. Made the window/menu shadows a lot faster than before.
  • [New] Added keyboard shortcuts for Back (press Backspace) and Hint (press Insert) features, per user request. I can add more keyboard shortcuts if needed...
  • [New] New Font Selector using the KMJ interface instead of the Windows interface. The currently selected font is applied immediately to the screen. A preview, in short.
  • [New] New File Open & Save dialog boxes. As for the font selector, it allows you to show them in fullscreen mode with all video cards without the OS hanging.
  • [New] Changed the way Hashira deals with levels. You can no longer select the start level, however you now have access to the three classic difficulty levels (Easy, Normal and Hard), which start at different levels increasing in difficulty. This allows you to keep three different high score lists for all three difficulty levels, therefore actually rewarding you for trying the Hard level.
  • [Fix] I'm happy to announce that after several years of not trying hard enough, I finally managed to fix the minimizing behavior of Kyodai Mahjongg. Now it will do it just like any regular window, even when not in windowed mode... Smile
  • [Fix] Seasons is a better looking Small Tileset than Desert. Plus, it's the only tileset I made entirely by myself. So I was wondering why it wasn't the default set. Now that's fixed. Message for all of you who will think it's a new tileset (it's happened to a lot of people during the beta session) : you can change the default tileset by using the "Tileset" menu and then the "Small" submenu... I thought it was obvious. Maybe I was mistaken... Maybe no one is reading this either. Hello, anyone here...? Oh no... I'm alone... I'm scared.
  • [Fix] Modified the splash sequence's graphics. Fixed minor flickering effects at startup.
  • [Fix] The "Show Current Tile" option now shows larger tiles with no color glitches.
  • [Fix] Fixed disappearing manga girl in the Hashira game.
  • [Fix] Fixed Realistic Tiles being slightly too small in Lowest and Low-resolution modes.
  • [Fix] Removed Specular Lighting support because it wasn't working properly on all video cards, and it was a rather useless gadget.
  • [Fix] Removed GeForce Performance Trick because it had become useless in recent NVidia drivers.
  • [Fix] Removed 20 translated RTF help files that hadn't been updated in over a year, or that were rarely used. They'll always be available on kyodai.com, though. Translators, submit your (complete !) updates, I'll think about including them in future versions, or at least on the website.
  • [Fix] Simplified the use of DirectX for sound and music. The DirectSound option has been removed and everything is processed internally.
  • [Fix] It is no longer required to restart the program when changing the 16-bit textures option (which, in the process, has been "promoted" to the root of the 3D menu).
  • [Fix] Fixed a nasty bug that had been around for at least a couple of years : MOD songs going "fast forward" if DirectMusic is enabled, or if playing a sound effect at the same time. One week of work for this one...
  • [Fix] Fixed another long-lived issue with Kumika where groups of tiles weren't removed even when they were aligned.
  • [Fix] I'm not exactly sure what happened... But v18.75 had a severe "slow mouse" issue on some configurations (managed to reproduce on a GeForce3 card), and I fixed it by magic (at least on that specific configuration).
  • [Fix] I've been asked one too many times... Difficulty levels no longer appear "disabled" in the Game Selector when they simply don't exist... They will simply no longer be shown. But really, these weren't "disabled options" in the first place... Just non-existent ones ! Wink
  • [Fix] About 842 minor additions and fixes. Most of them you'll probably never even notice, but, yeah, I counted them. Okay, just kidding Wink)

(French)
  • [Fonds d'écran] Ajout du fond d'écran "Pandas", lequel remplace Keshiki dans le thème Kids.
  • [Nouveauté] Une grande partie du moteur 3D a, encore une fois, été complètement réécrite. Cette fois, tout est entièrement converti sous DirectX 8.0. De ce fait, des bugs risquent d'apparaître, d'autres de disparaître (enfin apparemment Kyodai Mahjongg plante moins), et les performances du jeu ont bondi de 50%. J'ai également amélioré le temps de chargement des tilesets, fonds d'écran, petits tilesets, skins et thèmes.
  • [Nouveauté] J'ai complètement réécrit le Sélecteur "Etendu" de Layout. Il est plus facile à utiliser, plus rapide niveau chargement, et comporte le nom des layouts et des numéros de pages.
  • [Nouveauté] Le Sélecteur de Layout a été réécrit. Ajout de sélecteurs pour Fonds d'écran, Tilesets et Small Tilesets. Vous pouvez également changer le dossier par défaut pour chacun d'eux.
  • [Nouveauté] Amélioration des effets 3D dans les menus.
  • [Nouveauté] Support officiel du MultiSample (c'est-à-dire l'anti-aliasing ou FSAA). Il marche également en mode fenêtré (ou tout du moins avec une ATI Radeon 9700). Et c'est... très beau Smile
  • [Nouveauté] Maintenant [Alt]+[Entrée] permet de passer entre les modes fenêtré et plein écran.
  • [Nouveauté] Ajout de l'option "Voir le Sélecteur de jeux" dans le menu Affichage, ce qui permet de l'activer ou le désactiver.
  • [Nouveauté] Optimisation de mon code et des graphismes, ce qui a permis de réduire considérablement la taille du jeu.
  • [Nouveauté] Simplification de plusieurs aspects techniques. Le Z-Buffer est désormais toujours activé, l'activation T&L se fait maintenant dans le panneau de configuration de DirectX et non dans le menu principal, etc... Modification également de quelques fonctionnalités des boîtes de dialogue. J'ai ajouté des choses, j'en ai enlevé d'autres, que je remettrai dans Kyodai si nécessaire.
  • [Nouveauté] J'ai passé plusieurs semaines à programmer l'apparition des boîtes de dialogues : fenêtres rapides et avec ombres, déplaçables, animations en alpha-blending, de plus jolies boîtes de listes, Windows ne court-circuite plus le menu principal et le curseur de souris texturé....
  • [Nouveauté] Ajout de l'option de menu pour les animations en alpha-blending et séparation des options dans le menu pour les ombres de fenêtre et les ombres de menu. Celles-ci sont de plus beaucoup plus rapides qu'avant.
  • [Nouveauté] Ajout de raccourcis clavier pour Annuler (appuyer sur la touche "Backspace") et Conseil (appuyer sur "Inser"), suite à la demande d'un utilisateur. Je peux ajouter d'autres raccourcis, si vous le souhaitez...
  • [Nouveauté] Nouveau sélecteur de fontes, utilisant l'interface de KMJ à la place de celle de Windows. Les fontes sélectionnées apparaissent immédiatement à l'écran (fenêtre de prévisualisation).
  • [Nouveauté] Nouvelles boîtes de dialogue d'ouverture et sauvegarde de fichiers.  Toutes ces nouvelles boîtes marchent en mode plein écran, quelle que soit votre carte vidéo, sans plantage.
  • [Nouveauté] Changement des niveaux dans Hashira. Vous ne pouvez plus sélectionner le niveau de départ, et vous avez maintenant accès à trois niveaux de difficultés (Facile, Normal et Difficile). Cela permet d'avoir trois tableaux de meilleurs scores, un pour chacun des niveaux de difficulté.
  • [Correction] Correction de la façon dont la fenêtre se réduit. Maintenant elle fera comme toutes les fenêtres normales de Windows, même en mode plein écran.
  • [Correction] Seasons est maintenant le petit tileset par défaut dans Kyodai.
  • [Correction] Modification des graphismes de la séquence de chargement. Problème mineur de scintillement au lancement corrigé.
  • [Correction] L'option "voir la tile actuelle" (menu Animation, Mise en valeur) agrandit les tuiles et ne change plus leur couleur.
  • [Correction] De la disparition d'une manga girl quand on jouait à Hashira.
  • [Correction] Des Realistic Tiles, un peu trop petites en modèles de basse qualité.
  • [Correction] Abandon de l'éclairage spéculaire, qui ne marchait pas avec toutes les cartes vidéo.
  • [Correction] Abandon de l'option "GeForce Performance Trick".
  • [Correction] Abandon de 20 fichiers d'aide traduits, qui n'avaient pas été mis à jour depuis longtemps. Ils restent accessibles sur le site kyodai.com. Si vous êtes traducteur, n'hésitez pas à m'envoyer vos mises à jour (complètes !), je les mettrai dans les versions suivantes, ou au moins, sur mon site.
  • [Correction] Simplification de l'utilisation de DirectX pour les sons et la musique. L'option DirectSound a été enlevée, et tout est maintenant géré en interne.
  • [Correction] On n'a plus besoin de relancer le programme lorsqu'on change les options de texture pour du 16 bits couleur (maintenant dans le menu 3D).
  • [Correction] D'un bug présent depuis au moins deux ans : les chansons MOD jouaient trop rapidement si l'option DirectMusic était sélectionnée, ou si un effet sonore avait lieu en même temps. Une semaine de travail rien que pour lui...
  • [Correction] D'un autre bug dans Kumika. Des groupes de tiles ne partaient pas, même s'ils étaient alignés.
  • [Correction] D'un problème de lenteur de la souris.
  • [Correction] Les niveaux de difficultés n'apparaissent plus grisés lorsqu'ils n'existent pas...
  • [Correction] Environ 842 autres ajouts et correction mineurs.

My dearest friend if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side...
Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever,
For it is plain as anyone can see... We're simply meant to be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: