Cyna Games Forum � November 14, 2004
Cyna Games
35332 Posts in 1434 Topics by 9988 Members. Latest Member: PieLam
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Community home  Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: November 14, 2004  (Read 20702 times)
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 49
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« on: November 14, 2004, 00:00:00 »

Now that the host issue is dealt with (I'll still be looking for mirrors for the KMJ files if anyone's interested -- I've received a couple of offers I haven't answered yet, shame on me), I've been resuming work on KMJ itself, just to get back into the bandwagon... Uh. I actually tried to convert the game's code to open source development tools over a period of 24 hours. I first had to get rid of the interface code (and it's not like I didn't try to convert it...), then the network code, then I had to convert the DX8 code to DX9 (because strangely, the OSDT didn't have DX8 support), and then I had a linker problem that I was unable to find the source of. I scratched my head for a couple of hours and decided my usual tools were better for now. I'd forgotten how huge the KMJ project had become. Something between 15.000 and 20.000 lines of code, well it's not the kind of project you can happily convert in a couple of days. So, back to the website for now... I'm having more issues with my PC, so I'll first work on fixing it and then I'll try to start my private beta session (hopefully). Phew.

My dearest friend if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side...
Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever,
For it is plain as anyone can see... We're simply meant to be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: