23 271 635
visitors here since April 1997.
registered users on the website
20 guest(s), 0 user(s)
Cyna Games > News theme: Releases
New release: Kyodai Mahjongg 18.42
February 12, 2002, 00:00:00
- [Language] Updated translations : German, Spanish, Serbian, Turkish, Russian, Polish, Dutch (now with troubleshooting help translated by Johan Wijbenga) and Italian (now with rules and registration help files translated by Mario Pallavera).
- [Language] Included "forgotten" translations from v18.00 in the package. Sorry ! Turkish (new translation by Eser GÃ¼ven), Ukrainian and Catalan (although I'm not sure about the quality of this one).
- [Cool] Kyodai now tries to set the default language to the language you're using in Windows.
- [Cool] Added an option in Solitaire mode to show only the tiles that can be selected. Makes the game easier or harder, depends on your way of playing...
- [Cool] Implemented the Realistic Tiles in 2D mode. Unfortunately I've been unable to give them a visible 3D effect so far, but I'll try to put it back in a future version. If you don't like the result, you can always switch back to the "Simple Cubes" type of tiles when playing in 2D.
- [Cool] Added more options in the Startup dialog box. Now you can disable the music and sound effects immediately, enable the Hardware T&L if it is available, and disable the Contemplation mode -- I've also added a short description of it because many people don't know what it is for. I know, sometimes I choose strange names for my options.
- [Cool] Now, when you enter the hall of fame, Kyodai will throw fireworks in your honor. I can't believe how many user requests I've finally added in this update...
- [Cool] Made the letters and numbers larger in both normal and "Large Numerals and Letters" modes, because I realized they were quite unreadable (and thus useless) in their current size.
- [Cool] Replaced the default maximize/minimize icons with custom bitmaps because of size problems under Windows XP. Added a highlight animation in the process.
- [Fix] Added Realistic Tiles compatibility in all Tile Animation types. Also added tile rotation.
- [Fix] Fixed Layout editor which had a few minor issues in the last version.
- [Fix] Added in the Troubleshooting help file an explanation about the PCI Latency patch, possibly fixing the "Infinite Loop" crash error that some people used to get on VIA-based motherboards.
- [Fix] Now you can switch between two Windows XP user accounts with Kyodai running without crashing.
- [Fix] Fixed grayed-out "Stop" context menu option in Kumika.
- [Fix] Fixed unrealistic Environment and EMBM Bump mapping effects in realistic tiles mode
- [Fix] Fixed Emboss Bump mapping on "simple cube" tiles. It now works well on NVidia cards, but doesn't on ATI cards. Even Microsoft's Emboss samples don't work on Radeon cards anyway. Please note that I will probably never implement the Emboss mode on realistic tiles because it would be at least 10 times slower than with EMBM Bump mapping.
New release: Kyodai Mahjongg 18.00
January 12, 2002, 00:00:00
- [Language] Updated translations : Spanish, Russian.
- [Great] Added a "Realistic Tiles" option to create (at last !) life-like tiles with round borders (3D mode only). Best experienced on GeForce and Radeon video cards with the T&L device enabled ! Please note that this feature is NOT final. While all the major issues have been adressed during beta testing (only exception : emboss mapping not supported), there are probably still minor issues that I haven't noticed earlier, simply because it involved rewriting all of the 3D engine. Wait and see...
- [Cool] Upgraded to DirectX 7.0... Apparently the problems some of you experienced with version 15.00 (my previous attempt at a DirectX 7.0 core) are no more !
- [Cool] Optimized loading speeds at startup. There isn't a lot of room for improvement, though. Initial menu translation is now twice faster, and Midi file loading is up to 20 times faster when the DirectSound engine is enabled. I also believe I managed to speed up texture loading.
- [Cool] Added "Force 16-bit textures" option to improve performance in 32-bit color mode.
- [Cool] Improved the Hints visibility by making the tiles blink. You can stop the blinking effect simply by clicking on any tile.
- [Cool] Improved menu handling by making it easier to switch from a submenu to its parent menu. Oh that was a boring one, wasn't it ?
- [Cool] The sound effects are now available as Wave files in your Kyodai directory. So you can now replace them with your own custom wave files if you want.
- [Cool] Added in the Configuration menu an option to use a threaded timer instead of a CPU idle timer. Kyodai will be a bit slower with a threaded timer, but will not use 100% of the available CPU time.
- [Fix] Fixed issues with Windows XP guest accounts.
- [Fix] Fixed issues with Radeon 8500 and GeForce3 cards (opaque shadows, broken EMBM...).
- [Fix] Fixed incompatibility between low resolution textures and bump mapping mode.
- [Fix] The score bug should now be completely fixed. Tough one. Had to write my own color depth conversion routine for this.
- [Fix] About 742 other fixes I always forget to mention in this help file. Who reads it anyway ? Well, at least you. And me.
New release: Kyodai Mahjongg 17.24
October 01, 2001, 00:00:00
- [Language] Updated translations : Dutch (remade from scratch), Ukrainian.
- [Fix] GetSoftware closed their doors, so I updated Kyodai Mahjongg to replace the order links with a link to Kyodai.com's order page.
New release: Kyodai Mahjongg 17.21
September 28, 2001, 00:00:00
- [Language] Updated translations : Slovenian, Romanian, Hungarian.
- [Background] New default background : "Classic", by Christopher R. Bales and Marc Lesselberg.
- [Cool] Added a "Disable high-quality scores" option in the 3D > Video Card Compatibility menu. If you have any trouble with the scores not showing up in the Slider, Kumika and Hashira games, or if these games do not show up correctly, try to enable this option and restart Kyodai. This should fix your problem.
- [Fix] Fixed the infamous slowness problem that happened when Midi music was being played under Windows 2000 or XP.
- [Fix] Fixed conflicts with the Layout Name edit box by disabling numeric keypad-based board movements in the layout editor mode.
- [Fix] Fixed possible crashes when re-initializing 3D objects while in 2D mode.
- [Fix] Fixed the invisible scores for video cards that don't support 32-bit textures.
New release: Kyodai Mahjongg 17.02
September 03, 2001, 00:00:00
- [Language] Updated translations : Romanian, German (rules of Kumika rewritten by Marc Lesselberg... he's everywhere ).
- [Language] Fixed Spanish translation so that the help files point correctly to the translated versions.
- [Skin] Added yet another woody skin... Wood 3 may be the most realistic of them. Quite nice.
- [Cool] Revamped the Themes feature for less confusion. Now, you can change their settings to your taste (and save them into a new theme), and "reset" the theme to its original state if you made a mistake. Additionally, I removed the "No themes" option (which had become pointless) and the game now uses the "Default" theme by... default.
- [Cool] The Themes menu is now updated immediately to show new Themes created with the "Add to Themes" feature.
- [Fix] Fixed a bug which caused the game selector to remain on the screen even when a game is automatically loaded at startup.
- [Fix] Fixed a problem with using Jpg small tilesets inside themes.
- [Fix] Fixed problems with the left frame's buttons on the Old Selector.
- [Fix] Fixed minor issue with the Automatic save option.
- [Fix] Updated the "Default" theme to use Desert.jpg, not Desert.bmp... (doh !)
- [Fix] Fixed a potential bug in Slider similar to the one fixed for Kumika in v17.01.