23 271 637
visitors here since April 1997.
registered users on the website
20 guest(s), 0 user(s)
Cyna Games > News theme: Releases
New release: Kyodai Mahjongg 17.01
August 21, 2001, 00:00:00
- [Language] Updated translations : Polish, Danish.
- [Cool] Changed Click's gravity point from the left side of the board to its center.
- [Fix] Fixed a bug which caused completed columns of tiles to be left on the screen in Kumika if the music was changing at the same time.
- [Fix] Put back the Kyodai logo in the upper right corner of the screen. I wanted to fix a small issue with it, and ended up hiding it completely :o)
- [Fix] Added the "Joker used" mention if you switch from a new-format tileset to an old-format tileset during a game of Kumika.
New release: Kyodai Mahjongg 17.00
August 20, 2001, 00:00:00
- [Language] Updated translations : German, Greek.
- [Tileset] Added "Seasons", a Small Tileset with the new format (based on an idea by Marc Lesselberg). Also updated "Desert" to the new format.
- [Great] Finally added a new mini-game ! It's called Kumika, and it's another pretty addictive game ! I spent a lot of time on it, I hope you'll appreciate it ! Read the Rules help file for more information on the rules and various options.
- [Great] Added JPG support for Small Tileset files ! Also, the tileset size is now free, provided that tiles are always perfectly square. I recommend 64x64.
- [Great] If you have an old machine, you will love this : I finally adjusted all animations (if I forgot any, please tell me) so that they have the same speed on all configurations.
- [Cool] Added Save support to Kumika. I know it's not an addition since last time, but I just wanted to point this out...
- [Cool] The "High-resolution textures" option is now linked to the Small Tilesets as well, offering a resolution of 64x64 instead of 32x32 when the option is enabled.
- [Cool] Revamped the game selector. Just click on the "Selector" button to switch between a slightly modified old version of the selector and the new version.
- [Cool] Improved some animations (most notably the scores - I also use a much better and more readable font for them now)
- [Cool] Added an option in the View menu to simplify the menu. I would recommend to enable it if you're playing the game for the first time.
- [Cool] When saving a game, the game's name (Solitaire, Kumika, ...) is automatically added to the filename so you can retrieve it easily later.
- [Cool] Modified the menus so that the Small Tileset submenu opens on the left of the Tileset menu. I believe it's much less confusing this way.
- [Cool] The 2D mode will now use exclusively the "normal" background mode. It's prettier and more logical, and on older 3D cards I noticed it doubles performance
- [Fix] Fixed a problem that deformed Small Tilesets and Hashira columns when a Large Tileset with a different aspect ratio was selected.
- [Fix] Fixed two minor (but funny) problems that appeared when using the "Emphasize 3D" option.
- [Fix] Fixed a problem that caused scores over 100.000 points to reset when saving a Slider game. I can't believe some people have so much time to spend on Slider
- [Fix] Removed the "None" background option and "Animate board while building it" (the first was ugly and useless, the second was ugly, useless and buggy).
- [Fix] More minor fixes and additions.
New release: Kyodai Mahjongg 16.42
June 15, 2001, 00:00:00
- [Language] Updated translations : Italian (this time by Christian Eidolon), Polish, German and Finnish.
- [Language] Fixed missing translation items in v16.00.
- [Tileset] New tileset, "Just Kids", by Mugwump. It looks way better than "Easy", and is as useful to learn the basics of Mahjongg Solitaire.
- [Cool] Trying a new logo at the top-right corner of the screen... Send your thoughts if you don't like it...
- [Cool] Softened the menu and toolbar button borders.
- [Cool] From now on, when a background's width or height is at least twice smaller than the screen's, it will be tiled across the screen instead of stretched.
- [Fix] Kyodai 16.2D renamed to "Kyodai 2D" to make things clearer. Many people thought it was "Kyodai 16.20" and thus a newer version than Kyodai 16.00. On the contrary, I do not plan to update Kyodai 2D in the future. Although it's still a fun game to play, it's only provided for compatibility with older computers.
- [Fix] Fixed a bug in Kyodai 2D that didn't take the high-quality option into account in the language selection dialog box.
- [Fix] Fixed a bug that resulted in hiding an MP3 or Midi entry in the Music menu if MOD files were removed from their subdirectory.
- [Fix] Now the tile animations are automatically disabled when you play in software (non-accelerated) mode.
- [Fix] Hopefully fixed some (or all ?) of the "floating point" errors you may have encountered when launching Kyodai. Unfortunately it's a bug that appears much randomly.
New release: Kyodai Mahjongg 16.00
February 15, 2001, 00:00:00
- [Language] New translation : Ukrainian. How many Eastern Europe translations does that make...?
- [Language] Updated translation : Czech.
- [Tileset] New tileset, "Vikings" (or Viking Artifacts), collected by the Viking Answer Lady.
- [Tileset] Replaced "Catalin" with "Rainbow", by Mugwump, an improved version of John Nicholas' Catalin.
- [Tileset] Replaced Small Tileset "Hard" with a similar but better-looking one, "DÃ©jÃ Vu", by Mugwump. Also added "Phractal", again by Mugwump.
- [Music] New song from Miguel Samiez ! This is always a great event in Kyodai's history. This time, it's called "Forever", and it's a beautiful slow-paced song with a strong Asian influence. Enjoy it !
- [Great] I finally removed the old 2D engine and replaced it with a simulation of 2D using the current 3D engine. Thus, the 2D engine now benefits from all the nice 3D effects I implemented. A poll posted on my website proved that less than 10% of Kyodai Mahjongg's users have problems with this, so I decided to go forward, because this new engine is likely to make it easier for me to add new effects and new mini-games.
- [Great] New feature : Themes. These are small text files in the "Theme" subdirectory, which contain a specific choice of regular tileset, small tileset, background, music and skin. This allows users to change all their graphic environment with a single click. Please note that this feature is still in its experimental stages. While I believe it will work flawlessly, if you encounter any bugs they will probably be fixed in the next release.
- [Cool] The Full Package used to include a copy of Kyodai 10.21, for Windows NT compatibility. It has been replaced with a special version of Kyodai 15.42 using DirectX 3, so it should work on NT as well. This version should be also useful to users who have trouble with the 3D engine, since it features the "normal" 2D engine, and all 3D-related code has been removed.
- [Cool] The Kyodai logo in 3D (behind the Game Selector) has been replaced with a logo made with four Japanese characters meaning "Kyodai Mahjongg". I think it's a bit more exciting than the previous logo. Your feedback is welcome.
- [Cool] Added a "GeForce performance trick" option in the 3D / Video card compatibility menu. It simply forces a multitexturing mode on the Solitaire boards when no special effects are enabled (normally it should be in single-texturing mode). NVIDIA has been unable to explain me why it improves 16-bit mode performance from 110 fps to 130 fps on my GeForce2 MX (up to 20%), but I thought it would be nice to offer this to my users as well... May also work on other video cards, but so far it's been only tested on my GeForce2.
- [Cool] Added an option to change the text position in the toolbar. You can put the labels on the right of the icons, on their bottom or simply remove them.
- [Cool] Changed the Small tileset format to make it easier for users to create new (and lighter) tilesets. The old format is still supported, of course. The 2D-only version also supports the new format. I'll try to improve this new format in a future version (JPG support and custom sizes).
- [Cool] Since the Emboss Bump Mapping mode didn't look so good on most of the tilesets, I changed it to look more like the EMBM mode.
- [Cool] Removed several menu items that were either not needed anymore (after I removed the old 2D engine), or could be merged with others ("Animate Tile Rivers" is now merged with "Enable Animations", for example). This should hopefully make the menus a bit easier to read...
- [Fix] Some changes to the 3D mode weren't applied if the game was in Pause mode. Now they're applied as well.
- [Fix] Finally fixed the EMBM bug that was introduced in version 15.00. It was hard to track it down, but now it's done.
- [Fix] Fixed a minor transparency problem.
- [Fix] More fixes and additions I forgot to mention.
New release: Kyodai Mahjongg 15.42
December 21, 2000, 00:00:00
- [Language] Updated translations : Serbian, Polish, Greek and German.
- [Fix] Hidden status bar items now disappear correctly.
- [Fix] Made the Layout Editor much faster in 3D mode. This was due to the architecture change in v15.21.
- [Fix] Fixed a lot of little problems that occured in 2-player mode. Corrupted results in 2D mode, unexpected game over, etc... All fixed.
- [Fix] Fixed another lot of little problems with the Layout Editor. Notably a problem that erased an innocent layout when editing another and clicking on "Save".
- [Fix] Fixed a problem with the Memory game in Emboss mapping mode.
- [Fix] Fixed the remaining problems with the tile-removal animations.