23 221 443
visitors here since April 1997.
registered users on the website
15 guest(s), 0 user(s)
Cyna Games > News theme: Releases
New release: Kyodai Mahjongg 15.25
December 08, 2000, 00:00:00
- [Language] Updated translations : Serbian, Polish and German.
- [Cool] Added an option (Configuration menu) to enlarge the numerals and letters on the tile corners.
- [Cool] Added an option (Startup Options) to enable directly the high-quality 3D stretching and high-resolution textures for 3D. Kyodai will then look much better on recent video cards (GeForce, TNT, G400, etc), but it may not work on some video cards, including those with limited video-ram, and several 3Dfx cards (including Banshee and Voodoo 3). If you encounter a crash, don't panic : just launch the "Reset Options" shortcut of Kyodai and disable this option.
- [Cool] Made the loading sequence much faster when you have a lot of files (especially layouts) in the various subdirectories.
- [Fix] Fixed a few problems with the tile-removal animations.
- [Fix] Fixed a small bug that prevented the Small tileset from being changed.
- [Fix] Various other fixes and improvements not worth to be detailed.
New release: Kyodai Mahjongg 15.21
November 24, 2000, 00:00:00
- [Language] Updated translations : Polish and Slovenian.
- [Cool] Even more performance improvements... On my video card, it represents a 10% jump in 16-bit mode and a 20% jump in 32-bit mode. Can I do even better now...?
- [Cool] Added "Classic", "Nucleus", "Fuzzy" and "Union" tile-removal animations to the 3D mode. Oh, yes, that means all of the 2D animations...
- [Cool] Improved animation smoothness in Clicks.
- [Fix] Switched back to the DirectX 6.1 engine, because of problems with older Voodoo cards. I decided to drop the Cube Mapping feature which was a DX7 specific. The performance should remain much higher than in v14.00 though, and most likely higher than v15.00 too (probably depends on your video card drivers).
- [Fix] Fixed (again !) the crash problem with the Light version of Kyodai 14.00 and 15.00, due to a personal oversight. Sorry, this won't happen again !
- [Fix] Fixed opaque particle problems on some video cards.
- [Fix] Fixed board position problems when using oversized tilesets.
- [Fix] Fixed deformed Background Cube walls on some video cards.
New release: Kyodai Mahjongg 15.00
October 24, 2000, 00:00:00
- [Language] Updated translations : German, Polish and Greek.
- [Music] New song from our favorite composer, Miguel Samiez ! Electric Soul, with a fantastic guitar solo at the end, was first featured on the Kyodai Mahjongg Original Soundtrack CD, and is now finally available in Kyodai itself ! Congratulations for another great piece of music, Miguel ! Stay tuned for more songs from him !
- [Layout] Kyodai reaches his 100th layout. Added 18 layouts from Ernie Polegato (a Zodiac series with 12 signs, and a Chess series with 6 characters), a layout called "Coffee Cup" from an anonymous author, and "One Move" by Vincent Krebs, which originally had no name. The name comes from the fact that it only has one possible move at startup...
- [Great] Finally implemented the layout editor in 3D ! Now, you aren't thrown anymore to the 2D mode when you try to edit or create a layout... Phew !
- [Cool] Switched to DirectX 7.0 (previously I was using DirectX 6.1). In the process, the overall performance seems to have improved automatically (I noticed a jump from 95 fps to 115 fps with all options enabled in the background cube mode). I'll try to see if I can implement hardware T&L in the future. But it probably won't help more.
- [Cool] Implemented cubic environment mapping. It is a DirectX 7 specific feature available on GeForce and Radeon cards... And it looks good !
- [Cool] Implemented emboss bump mapping. It's an effect similar to the G400's environment-mapped bump-mapping (which has been in Kyodai since v11.21), but it works on a lot more video cards. I could have implemented the same effect, but I chose to make it different - now the effect depends on the tileset, which seems to be "carved". Works fine on highly-contrasted (and not too colorful) tilesets.
- [Cool] Added an optional "specular" special effect. This simply adds a spotlight effect at some light angles. Nice effect, and easy to implement. I should have done this earlier.
- [Cool] Modified the status bar to make the text fit in all translations, and to put the layout editor bar in there as well (so as to avoid resizing the screen when not needed).
- [Cool] Now you can switch between games via the menu, without going back to the game selector. Although I still prefer the game selector method...
- [Cool] Now, the "High resolution Textures" option also improves the background texture resolution (used in the Background cube mode for example), except if you have a Voodoo or Voodoo2 card (where the texture size is limited to 256x256).
- [Cool/Fix] Fixed a lot of long-lived problems in the layout editor... More exactly, the layout name was incorrectly specified in the menus when you just finished saving a new layout. Also, there were a lot of problems with high scores being erased when using spaces in the layout name. These problems are no more.
- [Fix] Hopefully fixed all the small problems with the Shuffle feature in two-player games.
- [Fix] Removed the small lag during Rivers and Slider animations.
- [Fix] Fixed the zeros appearing in the status bar at startup...
- [Fix] Fixed a problem that would prevent unregistered users to play online.
- [Fix] Fixed other problems I forgot about. But there were a few...