Cyna Games Forum � November 15, 2000
Cyna Games
35332 Posts in 1434 Topics by 9988 Members. Latest Member: PieLam
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Community home  Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: November 15, 2000  (Read 8268 times)
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 49
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« on: November 15, 2000, 00:00:00 »

Well, I'm at a turning point. I made some tests with earlier versions of Kyodai, compared to my latest optimizations, and realized that maybe switching to DirectX 7.0 did not bring extra performance. Maybe it was just my own optimizations. Maybe I'll give a try to the DirectX 6.1 engine again. I'm not sure about it, but what I know is that the only thing Kyodai would lose is its Cube Mapping feature, which looks fine but can be easily replaced with a similar (slightly slower) technique. For now, I need to know if the main thing that caused all the "Floating Point Division by Zero" errors did or didn't happen in earlier versions of Kyodai. In order to check this, just launch an older version and enable "High-Quality Stretching (3D)" in the Configuration menu. Then restart Kyodai and give me your results. If it doesn't cause a crash or anything, if Kyodai 14.00 is definitely more stable for you, then please tell me. One thing is sure for now : it's not switching to a different DirectX 7.0 engine that will fix your problems with Kyodai. The current one works fine. So the current poll about this is a bit useless now...

My dearest friend if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side...
Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever,
For it is plain as anyone can see... We're simply meant to be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: