Cyna Games Forum � April 2, 2001
Cyna Games
35332 Posts in 1434 Topics by 9988 Members. Latest Member: PieLam
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Community home  Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: April 2, 2001  (Read 19913 times)
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 49
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« on: April 02, 2001, 00:00:00 »

Hi ! I'm sorry for the delay, but there's been a lot of things happening in my life so I just couldn't keep up. Actually I haven't worked much on Kyodai either, but I'm planning to go back to work this month. This week I received a brand new machine to replace my aging Pentium III 450 / 128mb Ram / GeForce2 MX. I had initially ordered a GeForce2 GTS for the new machine, but the vendor didn't have any of them left, so he gave me a Radeon 64mb DDR instead. I'm quite satisfied with it for now, and this is in fact my very first ATI card, and I still haven't had any problem with it and Kyodai. Eheh, I was sure it was a driver issue. Just get the latest ones. Oh, and I appreciate the fact that the Radeon has EMBM support. It's nice to see this good old effect back, although I have the feeling that ATI's implementation of it is a bit too contrasted for my tastes.  Oh, and the machine's an Athlon 1.2ghz with 512mb of Ram and a 40gb IBM hard drive (the latest series), as opposed to an 8gb Maxtor HD. Needless to say, the hard drive is about 4 to 6 times faster than my old drive (and still, I suspect I haven't been able to enable the ATA100 mode yet). Very impressive. I actually launch Kyodai in less than 2 seconds. My programming environment loads itself in a couple of seconds as well. This is something that is very likely to make my life easier when working on my stuff. I mean, I've launched Kyodai (let me check) 23836 times since I've added that launch counter (that was in Kyodai 8.0, exactly two years ago). Hmm, that's about 32 times a day. So it saves me about 2 minutes of loading every day. I could have spared a total of 26 hours of loading if I had had this machine two years ago. One day of my life that I'll never have back. Sob.  Hey, what's that stupid entry ? Sorry, the 3 days it took to reinstall everything on the new machine probably broke something in my head... I'll try to investigate Wink

My dearest friend if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side...
Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever,
For it is plain as anyone can see... We're simply meant to be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: