Cyna Games Forum � July 8, 2001
Cyna Games
35332 Posts in 1434 Topics by 9988 Members. Latest Member: PieLam
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Community home  Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: July 8, 2001  (Read 20348 times)
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 48
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« on: July 08, 2001, 00:00:00 »

There's one boring thing I had to do everytime I wanted to update my website. Check the columns' height and adjust it to the new text. Really pretty boring stuff. I figured out it was probably one of the reasons why I stopped updating regularly my website, so I decided to just remove the plain old HTML columns, and put them into frames. This has 3 advantages : first of all, it's easier for me to update the pages. Secondly, the pages load a bit faster because there's no HTML code for the columns in the pages you load, and thirdly I've added a small java script that checks your resolution and removes the columns if you are in 640x480. If you don't like frames, you can click on the "No frames" link and bookmark the new page. Everybody happy ? Wink If anyone finds a problem with one of my pages, feel free to e-mail me. Don't forget to tell me your browser version and the name of the page !  Small update : I've tested the website on Netscape 4.08 and 4.77, and it looks awful. Netscape 6.0 does a much better job, and I'd recommend all Netscape users to definitely upgrade to the latest version. Then again, Kyodai.com is developped for Internet Explorer 5.5, which gives the best results.

My dearest friend if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side...
Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever,
For it is plain as anyone can see... We're simply meant to be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: