Cyna Games Forum � October 22, 2002
Cyna Games
35336 Posts in 1434 Topics by 9988 Members. Latest Member: PieLam
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Community home  Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: October 22, 2002  (Read 20845 times)
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 49
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« on: October 22, 2002, 00:00:00 »

Hello hello. I've been fortunate enough this week to NOT crash during work ; so far so good. I've taken into account the results of the 3D API poll (yes, I did !!) and gave up DirectX 7.0 definitely. Since I didn't keep an usable copy of my DX7 source code, I just hope people who voted for newer DirectX versions won't have trouble with Kyodai Mahjongg in the future... Anyway. Now I can play a Solitaire game in DX8. I'm quite happy about it. I still have to reimplement all of the dialog boxes and menus, which used 100% DirectDraw (DX7) instructions in the latest build... And since DirectDraw (and specifically GetDC) support has been removed from DX8, err... I guess I'd rather make a DX9 version as soon as possible, since it re-implements GetDC support. Phew... Now who's going to be kind enough to send me a copy of the DX9 SDK ? (Well, I'm asking the question Smile)  I don't even know when DX9 will be officially released... MS is really lagging on this one ! Hey MS, make it quick or I'm saying good riddance and switching to OpenGL ! Wink (I don't know if that kind of threat is thrilling them or not... After all there are millions of users of Kyodai Mahjongg who would have to... switch to OpenGL as well.... Wink)  Oh, this is all geek rubbish again !! I must be cursed or something. Oh, no, I just remembered : I'm a game developper. That explains everything !

My dearest friend if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side...
Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever,
For it is plain as anyone can see... We're simply meant to be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: