Cyna Games Forum � New release: Kyodai Mahjongg 16.00
Cyna Games
35332 Posts in 1434 Topics by 9988 Members. Latest Member: PieLam
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Community home  Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New release: Kyodai Mahjongg 16.00  (Read 27547 times)
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 49
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« on: February 15, 2001, 00:00:00 »

• [Language] New translation : Ukrainian. How many Eastern Europe translations does that make...? ^_^;
  • [Language] Updated translation : Czech.
  • [Tileset] New tileset, "Vikings" (or Viking Artifacts), collected by the Viking Answer Lady.
  • [Tileset] Replaced "Catalin" with "Rainbow", by Mugwump, an improved version of John Nicholas' Catalin.
  • [Tileset] Replaced Small Tileset "Hard" with a similar but better-looking one, "DéjàVu", by Mugwump. Also added "Phractal", again by Mugwump.
  • [Music] New song from Miguel Samiez ! This is always a great event in Kyodai's history. This time, it's called "Forever", and it's a beautiful slow-paced song with a strong Asian influence. Enjoy it ! Wink
  • [Great] I finally removed the old 2D engine and replaced it with a simulation of 2D using the current 3D engine. Thus, the 2D engine now benefits from all the nice 3D effects I implemented. A poll posted on my website proved that less than 10% of Kyodai Mahjongg's users have problems with this, so I decided to go forward, because this new engine is likely to make it easier for me to add new effects and new mini-games.
  • [Great] New feature : Themes. These are small text files in the "Theme" subdirectory, which contain a specific choice of regular tileset, small tileset, background, music and skin. This allows users to change all their graphic environment with a single click. Please note that this feature is still in its experimental stages. While I believe it will work flawlessly, if you encounter any bugs they will probably be fixed in the next release.
  • [Cool] The Full Package used to include a copy of Kyodai 10.21, for Windows NT compatibility. It has been replaced with a special version of Kyodai 15.42 using DirectX 3, so it should work on NT as well. This version should be also useful to users who have trouble with the 3D engine, since it features the "normal" 2D engine, and all 3D-related code has been removed.
  • [Cool] The Kyodai logo in 3D (behind the Game Selector) has been replaced with a logo made with four Japanese characters meaning "Kyodai Mahjongg". I think it's a bit more exciting than the previous logo. Your feedback is welcome.
  • [Cool] Added a "GeForce performance trick" option in the 3D / Video card compatibility menu. It simply forces a multitexturing mode on the Solitaire boards when no special effects are enabled (normally it should be in single-texturing mode). NVIDIA has been unable to explain me why it improves 16-bit mode performance from 110 fps to 130 fps on my GeForce2 MX (up to 20%), but I thought it would be nice to offer this to my users as well... May also work on other video cards, but so far it's been only tested on my GeForce2.
  • [Cool] Added an option to change the text position in the toolbar. You can put the labels on the right of the icons, on their bottom or simply remove them.
  • [Cool] Changed the Small tileset format to make it easier for users to create new (and lighter) tilesets. The old format is still supported, of course. The 2D-only version also supports the new format. I'll try to improve this new format in a future version (JPG support and custom sizes).
  • [Cool] Since the Emboss Bump Mapping mode didn't look so good on most of the tilesets, I changed it to look more like the EMBM mode.
  • [Cool] Removed several menu items that were either not needed anymore (after I removed the old 2D engine), or could be merged with others ("Animate Tile Rivers" is now merged with "Enable Animations", for example). This should hopefully make the menus a bit easier to read...
  • [Fix] Some changes to the 3D mode weren't applied if the game was in Pause mode. Now they're applied as well.
  • [Fix] Finally fixed the EMBM bug that was introduced in version 15.00. It was hard to track it down, but now it's done.
  • [Fix] Fixed a minor transparency problem.
  • [Fix] More fixes and additions I forgot to mention.

My dearest friend if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side...
Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever,
For it is plain as anyone can see... We're simply meant to be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: