Cyna Games Forum � October 24, 2004
Cyna Games
35332 Posts in 1434 Topics by 9988 Members. Latest Member: PieLam
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Community home  Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: October 24, 2004  (Read 11260 times)
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 48
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« on: October 24, 2004, 00:00:00 »

No, the new site isn't finished yet, but I've decided to do my best to keep you posted on its progress. I've completed my small program to convert this news archive to the new database. Unfortunately I'll be forced to give up the French translation of the archives, because they do not fit perfectly with the English news (date, HTML code, etc). I've made sure, though, that all future news can be translated immediately to French as soon as they're ready to be posted. And I'll try to translate them by myself.  The conversion has allowed me to spot a few bugs in the news system. The problem with the website is that if I find a bug, fixing it might corrupt the database. So it's best to wait a little before I do something that can't be undone. Currently, the news system has a comments feature that is taken from the forum system. Unfortunately, the news structure doesn't match with the forum post structure, and I'm starting to think I should have done it the other way, by integrating the news into the forum: internally, news should be seen as a specific forum where only the authors are allowed to post. This way, any improvement to the forum system will be applied to the news system too. That's what I'm trying to do now. I expect this work to take as little as one day, maybe two. I'll try to give you an update by then.

My dearest friend if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side...
Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever,
For it is plain as anyone can see... We're simply meant to be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: