Cyna Games Forum � December 30, 2004
Cyna Games
35336 Posts in 1434 Topics by 9988 Members. Latest Member: PieLam
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Community home  Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: December 30, 2004  (Read 21682 times)
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 49
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« on: December 30, 2004, 00:00:00 »

It's a bit hard to believe (even for me, at this point Wink), but I did manage to finish a working version of the website on Christmas Eve. Actually, I had even put a Christmas theme on it, which I had to remove later, for... obvious reasons. Because unfortunately, Christmas is not exactly a day you can spend on your computer working with beta testers towards a public release, so I pushed back the release date a little bit.

Last week I added a couple of cool new features and I needed to test them myself, so in the end I decided I would open the website to the public directly without a beta session, in order to make it for New Year's Eve. Well, it turns out we organized a party with our friends, and I haven't been able to work on the release for the last couple of days. In the end, tomorrow will be the party itself, and it would be a very bad idea for me to open the website then. It's been crunch time for a few weeks now and I'm exhausted, so I'll probably open it next week. This time, for good! Everything is fixed, it's technically ready to be browsed.

I can't wait till you get to see it in action! I put nearly ten months of my life in it. One day you decide you're going to reprogram everything by yourself, next thing you know you're ten months into the making and cursing yourself for not using a library like PostNuke. Eh, who am I kidding. I would have thought it didn't have the right features for me anyway. At least now I'm happy with the results. And I hope you will be, too. Have a happy New Year and see you next week!

My dearest friend if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side...
Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever,
For it is plain as anyone can see... We're simply meant to be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: