Cyna Games Forum � Our New Year's gift to you!
Cyna Games
35332 Posts in 1434 Topics by 9988 Members. Latest Member: PieLam
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Community home  Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our New Year's gift to you!  (Read 40282 times)
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 48
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« on: January 03, 2005, 18:04:24 »

Happy new year everyone! And here it is, as promised: the new website! New design, new pages, 100% multilingual, discussion boards, categorized downloads and uploads, and more to come!

It took over nine months to gestate (Wink), and offers a lot of new features, mostly to registered users. It's not considered as "finished", and probably never will be, because I wanted to make a solid basis suitable for adding progressively more and more features.

Future versions of Kyodai Mahjongg will interface themselves with the website and be able to directly access exclusive downloads. In the end, we hope to create a strong community that will be able to share their passions here. Hopefully you can enjoy the website as much as we enjoyed making it!

Please bear with us as the website's last bugs are being chased away by the author! Wink

PS: there was an issue when the site was first put online, which lead us to go back to the previous version before we could fix it. It was a problem with the server's virtual host configuration. Thanks for your patience.

PS 2: another configuration issue prevented accounts to be created until now and e-mails to be sent to us. We apologize for the problem.

(French) Bonne année à tous ! Et le voilà, comme promis : le nouveau site web ! Nouveau design, nouvelles pages, 100% multilingue (enfin... bilingue pour le moment !), des forums de discussion, des téléchargements et uploads classés par catégorie, et ce n'est pas fini !

Il a fallu plus de 9 mois de gestation (Wink) pour réussir à sortir cette version ouverte au public, mais principalement destinée aux utilisateurs enregistrés de Kyodai Mahjongg. Le site sera probablement toujours considéré comme étant "en construction", la version actuelle n'étant qu'une première base solide ouverte à l'ajout d'autres fonctionnalités.

Les prochaines versions du jeu pourront s'interfacer directement avec le site et télécharger directement des fichiers exclusifs. Nous espérons progressivement pouvoir établir une communauté qui pourra partager sa passion en ces lieux. Nous espérons que vous apprécierez le site autant que nous avons apprécié de le mettre en place !

PS : il y a eu quelques problèmes lors de la mise en place du site, qui nous ont conduit à remettre l'ancienne version en ligne à trois reprises avant de résoudre le souci (un oubli dans la configuration du virtual host du serveur).

PS 2 : un autre problème de configuration empêchait jusqu'à maintenant la création des comptes et l'envoi de mails au support technique. Avec toutes nos excuses !

My dearest friend if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side...
Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever,
For it is plain as anyone can see... We're simply meant to be.
booster
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 55
From Coldwater, Michigan

Kyodai Mahjongg fan since 1998

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 22:58:01 »

Wow!  C'est magnifique, Naoki!  As usual, I'm impressed with your talent.  This site is nicely done!  I look forward to visiting often.

My mother was so impressed with your game when she visited over Christmas, she looked at my father and said, "We HAVE to buy this game!"  Daddy agreed fully, so I think they will be making a purchase soon.  They kept sneaking to the computer to play whenever there was a quiet moment. heheheh!

Congratulations on a job well done.  Smile

"If you do what you love, you'll never work a day in your life."
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 48
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 03:02:14 »

>Wow! C'est magnifique, Naoki! As usual, I'm impressed with your
>talent. This site is nicely done! I look forward to visiting often.

Thank you Wink
I hope everyone can bear with us while we're going through the initial difficulties of setting up a community website which has never been used in production before.

>My mother was so impressed with your game when she visited over
>Christmas, she looked at my father and said, "We HAVE to buy this
>game!" Daddy agreed fully, so I think they will be making a purchase
>soon. They kept sneaking to the computer to play whenever there was a
>quiet moment. heheheh!

I wish I could have time to play my own game these days... I don't have time to play anything at all Sad

>Congratulations on a job well done.

There are still lots of things left to do, though! ^_^

booster
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 55
From Coldwater, Michigan

Kyodai Mahjongg fan since 1998

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 20:15:28 »

Poor, Naoki!  You do have some grateful fans who thank you for busting your tail to get this done. Smile

I remember you saying that the traditional layout was your favorite.  It's mine, too.  Do you have a favorite background, tileset, or song that you use if you do get a chance to play?

"If you do what you love, you'll never work a day in your life."
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 48
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005, 20:47:29 »

Yes, my favorite layout is still Traditional. I also like my "N for Naoki" but rarely play it.
My favorite background used to be a specific forest picture that you can see in a lot of screenshots from the website! Wink Now it's "simply" the skybox in v20.00, called Majestic. I just love it.
My favorite tileset is Ancient. I also love 3D Stones.
My favorite skin is Bubbles. Apart from this one, I think most of the default choices in KMJ are based on my personal tastes. That pretty much sums it up Wink

Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 48
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 17:37:33 »

Hello,
What do you mean? I don't see any problem with the game...?

Bren1
Rookie Player

Age 81

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 22:22:09 »

Hi
Great web site  but my next question is when a new version of Kyodai Mahjongg is coming out
I really like your game and been a reg. for years now
thank you
Bren

Brenda Cartine
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 48
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 23:20:23 »

Hi,

That question has been discussed before...
There is no new version planned for this month. Version 20.00 is stable enough, no important changes were made to it last year. I do have a large to-do-list though, and am resuming work on the game, though I'm working more slowly than I used too--blame my age, or the fact that I "lost" my usual rhythm, I don't know. All I know is that I need some time to get back on track. But there's no point in releasing a new version if there's nothing new in it--isn't it? We're talking about KMJ, not Morejongg Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: