Cyna Games Forum � Browse with the Miguel touch!
Cyna Games
35332 Posts in 1434 Topics by 9988 Members. Latest Member: PieLam
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Community home  Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Browse with the Miguel touch!  (Read 97527 times)
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 48
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« on: January 24, 2005, 21:10:46 »

Some good news to compensate for the previous post: we entered a new partnership with our friend and -fantastic- composer, Miguel Samiez. As he is working simultaneously on seven (!) different album projects, he is sharing some extracts of his upcoming works on his website.

With his authorization, we placed a music note in the top blue bar that you can click to launch a Flash MP3 player and listen to these samples. Enjoy this fine music!

(French) Une bonne nouvelle pour compenser la précédente, avec le début d'un nouveau partenariat avec notre ami et compositeur de génie, Miguel Samiez. Il travaille actuellement sur sept projets d'album différents, et nous fait partager quelques extraits de ses nouvelles musiques sur son site.

Avec sa bénédiction nous avons donc placé une note de musique dans la barre bleue en haut de la page, sur laquelle il vous suffit de cliquer pour lancer un lecteur MP3 en Flash qui vous permettra d'écouter les morceaux en question. Bonne écoute !

My dearest friend if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side...
Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever,
For it is plain as anyone can see... We're simply meant to be.
jessam
Mahjongg Master

Age 81
From Llandudno, North Wales

the real jessam `body and soul`

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 21:55:52 »

Thanks-it is lovely music.

'' Love not fight to want. Aspirations and desires win well-earned rewards'' ... jessam
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 48
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 23:06:46 »

Miguel updated his player especially for the website Smile So here it is in all its glory!

MOF
Senior Player

From Myrtle Beach, SC

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 23:32:12 »

Neat looking player. Of course, there's always gotta be somebody who's got a problem. And I'll be that somebody. Smile

I'm supposing that I need the 'Flash' plug-in? I could go googling, but am feeling particularly lazy today. Wink Has someone got a URL handy? Or is the 'stuttering' I get with the player simply a function of my 48,000bps dial-up connection?

I have been relatively successful in avoiding plug-ins for some years, but looks like the time has come...Roll eyes

There is no right way to do the wrong thing. (unknown)
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 48
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 01:17:48 »

The Flash plugin is great... But if you can at least hear the music, it means you've already got it installed Wink
You should tell Miguel about the stuttering. Probably the streaming code is buggy. Do you have a DSL connection?

PS: can anyone tell me what Miguel should print in lieu of "Miguel's musics"? I told him it should be "songs" or "tunes", but I have absolutely NO idea how to qualify a song without lyrics... Hmm...

MOF
Senior Player

From Myrtle Beach, SC

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 01:50:47 »

Will have DSL this Friday - the 24th (I hope)...waited about 3 years before I could afford it! A 56k modem has been my only means of surfing the web for a long, long time. Smile And yes I can hear the song(s). Ooops, I mean the instrumentals. Smile

1. Songs - are generally assumed be music and words.

2. Tunes - are generally when folks hear a song.

3. Vocals - are generally asumed to be the same as #1.

4. Instrumentals - are generally assumed to be songs without words. (This sounds like what you want).

'Miguel's Instrumental Songs' describes more than 1 composition (or song), uses only instruments (no one singing - no vocals), and is a  musical CD.

Or you could as easily call it 'Miguel's Instrumentals', and say the same thing. That's if you'd like a shorter title for whatever purpose you have in mind.  

NOTE: 'Instrumental Songs' is close to saying the same thing twice, but is totally correct, too.

Ah, the English language...it's tough for a lot of Americans, too. Smile

There is no right way to do the wrong thing. (unknown)
Intrepid
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 76
From Ontario, Canada

Half geek, semi-retired who loves his Blackberry

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 02:38:38 »

How about Miquel's Instumental Music

Just a suggestion from a Canadian eh

Will have DSL this Friday - the 24th (I hope)...waited about 3 years before I could afford it!
Congratulatons MOF.  You are gonna love it.

I would rather be a optimist who is sometimes wrong than a pessimist who is always right     Cool!
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 48
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2005, 03:03:01 »

Will have DSL this Friday - the 24th (I hope)...waited about 3 years before I could afford it! A 56k modem has been my only means of surfing the web for a long, long time.
I can sympathize... I had a 28kbps modem from 1996 to ~1999, and a 56kbps modem from ~1999 to 2001. Five long years!!
Then from 2001 to 2004 I had a 512kbps line, and switched to another provider to get a 2mbps line. Now that same provider is providing 8mbps lines for a cheaper price (!) but I have to sign a new contract and wait for a new modem, that's quite boring... There are even a few providers that offer up to 20mbps for 30€/month, it's impressive, but my phone line isn't up to the task (too far away from their central). I can't wait for the first 1gbps lines to come in a few years time Lol

Thanks for the word suggestions.

Intrepid How about Miquel's Instumental Music
Well, Miguel's Music would be shorter then, wouldn't it? Wink

Intrepid
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 76
From Ontario, Canada

Half geek, semi-retired who loves his Blackberry

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2005, 04:10:35 »

Well, Miguel's Music would be shorter then, wouldn't it?

Yes, it would be shorter.  I just figured that Instrumental Music more clearly defined the fact that it was instrumental only and did not include lyrics.  Seems to have gone full circle.  Muguel's Music sounds good.  Or how about Miguel's Melodies?

I can't wait for the first 1gbps lines to come in a few years time Lol
I won't even mention the 300 baud and 2400 baud modems I used to use Smile

I would rather be a optimist who is sometimes wrong than a pessimist who is always right     Cool!
Plattenwechsler
Casual Player

Age 56
From Germany

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2005, 10:44:20 »

"Miguel's Instrumentals"! That's short. And precice. Just a suggestion from a German (LOL). BTW I downloaded Miguel's MP3s from Kagi, they are really great for use inside KMJ. Unfortunately, my soundcard is not so great, and I wonder how to record the music onto tape in appropriate quality. I'd love to listen to the music in hifi Sad
jessam
Mahjongg Master

Age 81
From Llandudno, North Wales

the real jessam `body and soul`

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2005, 13:56:30 »

I like 'Miguel's music' or 'Miguel and his music'

'' Love not fight to want. Aspirations and desires win well-earned rewards'' ... jessam
jpprater
Newbie Player

Age 45

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2005, 15:02:20 »

Nice music!  Any info on when Miguel's coming out with a new album?
Very pretty player, too.
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 48
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2005, 15:34:39 »

(I don't think he made the player--only customized it, which is good enough for me! Wink)
He thinks his first album under the Utopia band name will be released during 1st quarter 2005, but more likely mid-2005 Wink

Miguel
Rookie Player

Age N/A

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2005, 23:56:31 »

Dear friends,
I've uploaded songs from my new album BLUESCAPE, just here, in the mp3 player.

The BLUESCAPE CD will be available by.... Saturday 29th October!

BLUESCAPE will be available in single CD and in a "limited 2 x CD" version with about 40 minutes of bonus!

The BLUESCAPE "limited 2 x CD" includes songs from Kyodai Mahjongg: RAIN DUST (enhanced version), ICE PALACE (Kyodai version), ELECTRIC WAVE, EXPLORER, FOREVER, MAGIC STONES (enhanced version), ALIVE BUT ALONE and more!!!

Please, give me your opinion about the musics, through the mp3 player (at the top of the page, "Music" button)

(French)  Chers amis,
Je viens d'ajouter de nouveaux mp3, tirés de mon dernier album BLUESCAPE, dans le lecteur mp3 qui est sur cette page.

Le CD de BLUESCAPE sera disponible.... ce samedi 29 octobre!
BLUESCAPE sera disponible en version CD simple et également en "édition limité 2 x CD". Ce dernier contient environ 40 minutes de bonus!

La version "édition limité 2 x CD" contient des musiques issues de Kyodai Mahjongg:  RAIN DUST (version améliorée), ICE PALACE (version Kyodai), ELECTRIC WAVE, EXPLORER, FOREVER, MAGIC STONES (version améliorée), ALIVE BUT ALONE, et bien plus!!!

N'hésitez à laisser votre avis au sujet de ces musiques, sur le lecteur mp3 du site (en haut de la page, bouton "Musique")!
Raveneye
Mahjongg Master

Age 50
From Port Moody, Canada

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2005, 00:36:43 »

Your stuff is awesome and it just keeps getting better, Miguel.  I'll have a listen and get back to you when I have the opportunity.

Thanks! Smile

[EDIT]

BTW Ice Palace ROCKS, I listen to it every time I play KMJ! Applause

Keep walking and the destination will come to you by itself.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: