Cyna Games Forum � New release: Kyodai Mahjongg 2006 1.2
Cyna Games
35332 Posts in 1434 Topics by 9988 Members. Latest Member: PieLam
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Community home  Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New release: Kyodai Mahjongg 2006 1.2  (Read 63926 times)
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 49
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« on: March 01, 2006, 23:42:16 »

• [Tileset] Replaced original Ancient tileset with a sharpened, crisper version which works quite well.
  • [New] Finally!! Added Realistic Stones support for all mini-games.
  • [New] Rewrote the window system to get rid of the "Play in a window" mode. Now you can switch naturally between windowed and maximized modes by double-clicking on the caption or clicking on the Maximize icon, and you can hide the taskbar in maximized mode by unchecking "Show Taskbar" in the View menu.
  • [New] By popular demand, removed limitations to tile-removals in the layout editor, allowing for the creation of "floater layouts", where some tiles have no other tile behind them.
  • [New] Replaced the Menus.rtf help file with a very helpful tooltip system that triggers when staying still on a menu item for one second. Every single menu entry is documented.
  • [New] Added support for mip-mapping on tilesets. Just enable this feature in the 3D > Special effects menu and the textures will be smoother when the board is zoomed out.
  • [New] Capped framerate to 200 FPS in CPU Idle timer mode, which is more than ever needed, and avoids overheating your video card and CPU.
  • [New] Updated the expanded layout selector's preview window to use the multicolor tiles.
  • [New] Added a few more function key shortcuts. Check out the Miscellaneous help file for the complete list.
  • [Fix] Changed (again) the "Free pairs" term to "Free moves", since it didn't apply to all mini-games...
  • [Fix] Forced animation type to Ghost in Rivers game to avoid issues with other animation types and when animations are disabled.
  • [Fix] Fixed several bugs in the Backgrounds/Tilesets/Stonesets selector. e.g, access violation in the stoneset selector, and it was impossible to select the first tileset from inside the tileset selector.
  • [Fix] Fixed "Reset Scores" option which was broken in v2006 1.0.
  • [Fix] Fixed a bug that would use 100% of your CPU's resources when showing a dialog box.
  • [Fix] Fixed a potential access violation when quitting the program with a dialog box still showing.
  • [Fix] Fixed a potential freeze when resizing windows on machines with an NVidia video card.
  • [Fix] Fixed broken cube-mapped environment mapping option.
  • [Fix] Fixed glitchy soft shadows in 2D mode with Realistic Tiles enabled.
  • [Fix] Fixed another glitch in soft shadows in 2D and 3D modes when resizing the window.
  • [Fix] Fixed non-working colored layers in 2D mode when switching from Realistic Tiles to Simple Cubes.
  • [Fix] Re-implemented status text scrolling, after complaints that the "No more moves" mention was no longer easily noticeable.
  • [Fix] Fixed graphic glitches when using 2D mode with Textured interface disabled.
  • [Fix] In v2006 1.0, when the Hallfame.ini wasn't found, the program would use the one from an earlier version, without copying it to its own directory. Now it does.
  • [Fix] Finished optimizing the Hallfame.ini file. Empty entries are now completely discarded, even inside a layout which has valid entries.
  • [Fix] Fixed invisible fireworks on some configurations.
  • [Fix] As with every release, many quick fixes and improvements I was too lazy to report here.

My dearest friend if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side...
Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever,
For it is plain as anyone can see... We're simply meant to be.
pkloz2002
Hardcore Player

Age 67

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 00:45:05 »

Noa-Outstanding, fixing all this in just a few short months.

Thank you so much for all the effort.

Only a life lived for others is worth living~~Albert Einstein
Ant5
Mahjongg Master

Age 51
From Hitchin, Hertfordshire

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 01:32:55 »

Excellent news! Applause I'd better make time to download and play. Eheh

Liberate tu-temet ex inferis
Webangel
Mahjongg Master

Age 81
From New York, USA

To soar with an eagle would be heavenly.

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 01:34:02 »

Wonderful, marvelous, Nao. ApplauseApplauseApplause

Webangel  Follow your heart and your dreams will come true.  Webangel

Note from Nao: Rich 'Webangel' Bolero passed away in September 2014. May he rest in peace!
booster
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 55
From Coldwater, Michigan

Kyodai Mahjongg fan since 1998

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 04:26:39 »

Wow!  That's simply fabulous, Gilles!  Thanks so much!  Smile

"If you do what you love, you'll never work a day in your life."
Shoshana
Senior Player

From Texas

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 05:39:27 »

Than you!

"If the pen is mightier than the sword and a picture is worth a thousand words, is a camera a weapon of mass destruction?" Delvo
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 49
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 08:18:18 »

Thanks! Although it's the same as Release Candidate #7 I released on the private forum a few days ago, only with the addition of soft shadow fix #2 Wink

Eagle Wings Empowered
Casual Player

Age 70
From Hawaii

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 10:03:11 »

Always Better and Greater! Ty Nao

Shoshana
Senior Player

From Texas

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 21:43:52 »

Thanks! Although it's the same as Release Candidate #7 I released on the private forum a few days ago, only with the addition of soft shadow fix #2 Wink

True, but still makes me happy Smile

I love upgrades, it just takes me a little while to remember all the things I do to tweak the setup so that it looks and works well on my slightly antiquated system Smile

'shana

"If the pen is mightier than the sword and a picture is worth a thousand words, is a camera a weapon of mass destruction?" Delvo
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 49
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 22:58:37 »

If you don't want your ini file to be erased, you can simply uncheck the "Launch KMJ" box when it has finished installing. Then run it from your Start menu (or desktop shortcut). It will bypass the ini file reset process and you get to keep everything.
As I explained earlier on the forum, you can also save your theme settings by using "Add to favorites" and typing a new theme name. Then use that new theme to your taste. New KMJ installs only overwrite the "Default" theme.
Well, that's what I do myself Wink

KMJ installs reset everything by default because some people might have corrupted ini settings and wouldn't think automatically of using the "Reset to default options" shortcut. They figure an upgrade would help. So that's what the upgrade does--it helps them.
Power users can bypass this easily, as you can see Smile

Shoshana
Senior Player

From Texas

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2006, 03:57:38 »

Thank you again! Eheh

I like playing around with the settings - I just don't always remember which ones are the best for my system ...

Eagle Wings Empowered
Casual Player

Age 70
From Hawaii

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2006, 13:26:55 »

Always the best of the best Nao  Keeper of the Best Always

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: