Cyna Games Forum � A decade of striving for perfection
Cyna Games
35332 Posts in 1434 Topics by 9988 Members. Latest Member: PieLam
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Community home  Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A decade of striving for perfection  (Read 267177 times)
JanRoza
Rookie Player

Age N/A
From Netherlands

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2007, 00:07:50 »

Congratulations!
You are right, it's perfect.
My family and me still play it almost daily for years now, so it is money well spend.

Thanks again for a great game that never looses its value or its fun.

Applause
Jan Roza
Webangel
Mahjongg Master

Age 81
From New York, USA

To soar with an eagle would be heavenly.

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2007, 01:11:45 »

Hi JanRoza and welcome to our forum. Enjoy.  Yeah baby!

Webangel  Follow your heart and your dreams will come true.  Webangel

Note from Nao: Rich 'Webangel' Bolero passed away in September 2014. May he rest in peace!
kryton
Senior Player

Age 60
From Washington State, USA

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2007, 09:39:09 »

Welcome to the forum JanRoza Smile

"It is the first responsibility of every citizen to Question Authority. " Benjamin Franklin
“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
Benjamin Franklin
filouk
Rookie Player

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2007, 01:44:51 »

So Naoki, are you saying that with Kyodai 2006 v1.42 you've finally reached the ultimate version ?  Wink
kryton
Senior Player

Age 60
From Washington State, USA

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2007, 09:46:20 »

Welcome to the forum Filouk Smile

"It is the first responsibility of every citizen to Question Authority. " Benjamin Franklin
“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
Benjamin Franklin
Webangel
Mahjongg Master

Age 81
From New York, USA

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2007, 14:34:26 »

Welcome to our forum Filouk. 

Note from Nao: Rich 'Webangel' Bolero passed away in September 2014. May he rest in peace!
filouk
Rookie Player

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2007, 23:54:26 »

Thanks ! Years ago I helped Naoki a little, with beta-testing Kyodai and giving some suggestions. For example I remember that I used to create a lot of layouts (Hourglass and Hovercraft are by me) and the program would not allow to display them all in the list, so we had the idea of the "layout selector" you all know about. Good memories ! Wink
Raveneye
Mahjongg Master

Age 50
From Port Moody, Canada

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2007, 23:58:58 »

Thanks ! Years ago I helped Naoki a little, with beta-testing Kyodai and giving some suggestions. For example I remember that I used to create a lot of layouts (Hourglass and Hovercraft are by me) and the program would not allow to display them all in the list, so we had the idea of the "layout selector" you all know about. Good memories ! Wink

Hi filouk!

I remember the name "Vincent Krebs" associated with the Hourglass layout.  Is this you or am I mistaken?  Just curious...  Smile

Keep walking and the destination will come to you by itself.
filouk
Rookie Player

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2007, 10:19:36 »

Hello Raveneye. Yes it's me. I also made the layout called "one move", which I believe is the only 144-tile disposition that makes only 1 move available at the beginning of the game. Just have a look at the file "what'sold.rtf" in the "help" directory and see the section "New features in 5.28", where Naoki thanks me for beta-testing Kyodai. I was quite good at finding bugs.
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 49
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2007, 17:10:41 »

Hi Vincent Wink Didn't think you still were into KMJ Wink
Yes, I remembered how many times you managed to piss me off with your requests and suggestions Wink And I just as well remember how many times you made good suggestions and submitted good stuff like Hourglass, which is still my favorite KMJ layout (just after the regular Traditional one)! (No wonder I used it for some screenshots!)
We shared a total of 197 e-mails between 1998 and 2001! (Plus 8 e-mails in June 2003) I kept them all. Eheh

As for your question...
Well, as far as I can tell, KMJ 2006 1.42 is the "final" offline version. I still have an update in the works, but it just adds transparent windows, which is really no big deal. (I'm through with the "cosmetic-only" changes...)

There are still things I could add:
- interoperability with the server (hall of fame, game matching, chat, ingame downloads)
- extra mini-games (but I'll never do these. And even if I did, it would be in a game separate from KMJ itself Wink)
- err, probably lots of other things, but if I can't remember them, they're not so good after all Wink

So I'm not saying I'll release any more versions of KMJ, of course. But after 10 years of development, one could say I don't *have* to Wink I'm probably the only one who thinks the game is still far from what I envision.

My dearest friend if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side...
Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever,
For it is plain as anyone can see... We're simply meant to be.
filouk
Rookie Player

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2007, 18:27:44 »

Hi Naoki ! Nice to talk to you after all this time Wink

Yes, I remembered how many times you managed to piss me off with your requests and suggestions  Wink

Sorry about that Wink I know that I may have sometimes seemed to you like an "enculeur de mouches" Lol which I believe I can really be, from time to time  ^_^

And I just as well remember how many times you made good suggestions

Thanks ! I used to get happy each time we could agree with each other...   

...and submitted good stuff like Hourglass, which is still my favorite KMJ layout (just after the regular Traditional one)! (No wonder I used it for some screenshots!)

I remember, when I submitted it to you, you found it quite difficult  Wink I saw that a modified easier version had been created as well...

We shared a total of 197 e-mails between 1998 and 2001! (Plus 8 e-mails in June 2003) I kept them all. Eheh

Yes!

As for your question...
Well, as far as I can tell, KMJ 2006 1.42 is the "final" offline version.

That's a great accomplishment !  Applause
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 49
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2007, 09:02:54 »

Hi Naoki ! Nice to talk to you after all this time Wink
Smile

Sorry about that Wink I know that I may have sometimes seemed to you like an "enculeur de mouches" Lol which I believe I can really be, from time to time  ^_^
I think the English equivalent would be "nit-picking" Wink

I remember, when I submitted it to you, you found it quite difficult Wink
That's also why it's so good! Wink
It looks great and it's a bit harder than the rest!

Oh my, it makes me think, I'd always promised myself to introduce difficulty settings into KMJ... "Normal" would be the current mode, "Easy" would be the same but without any maluses when you use Hint or Shuffle, and "Hard" would disable the "Hint" and "Shuffle" features. I for one would love to play KMJ with these features disabled Wink

As for your question...
Well, as far as I can tell, KMJ 2006 1.42 is the "final" offline version.
That's a great accomplishment !  Applause
I'm not so sure about that! One could call me lazy!

My dearest friend if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side...
Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever,
For it is plain as anyone can see... We're simply meant to be.
Webangel
Mahjongg Master

Age 81
From New York, USA

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2007, 12:58:47 »

Hi Nao. I, for one, wouldn't call you lazy.  No! I believe you accomplished a lot.  Yeah baby!

runfox
Newbie Player

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2007, 15:55:17 »

Hi, what about Windows Vista and directX 10 ?

Do you think would be worth to convert the game in Dx10 ? Any good change from them ?
I don't remember if the game now is in OpenGl or DX, I just remember time ago you rewrite the code but if my memory doesn't leak you came back from that update.

Ant5
Mahjongg Master

Age 51
From Hitchin, Hertfordshire

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2007, 23:54:58 »

Hi and welcome runfox, FYI the code is DX but does not use any DX10 specifics.

In my opinion Nao would be limiting the distribution somewhat to write for DX10. I personally can not see a "must have" feature of DX10 that would make Nao change. Just my 0.02 Eheh

Liberate tu-temet ex inferis
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: