Cyna Games Forum � New release: Kyodai Mahjongg 2006 1.42
Cyna Games
35332 Posts in 1434 Topics by 9988 Members. Latest Member: PieLam
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Community home  Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New release: Kyodai Mahjongg 2006 1.42  (Read 266980 times)
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 49
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2011, 09:37:24 »

Are there any plans for an update or new version to this awesome game?
Back in 2007, I put KMJ on the side to learn web programming because I wanted to add social features to the software. In the end I got too involved in web programming and started hating Facebook & co -- so I started wondering whether these features would be useful in KMJ at all. It would be more 'competition' than 'social' stuff really. And I don't like encouraging competition. Maybe that's just me. The only person I like to fight against is myself. Or a computer.
So... Any plans? No.
I still have a small room in my head dedicated to Delphi programming, though... Something that tells me, "stop working on that silly forum software and give a go at rewriting KMJ to be more pluggable and easily add games to it..."
Of course, it's been there since 2007 and I always resisted it. Not because I fear I couldn't make it -- but mostly because I'm not sure I could outdo myself. Well, I was at the top of the game back in the early 2000's, but things happen, you drift away and suddenly you realize the game has moved to other platforms, other uses, and you feel like everyone's doing everything just for the money now, and you simply want to resist the trend. Maybe that's why I'm consciously staying away from anything that could actually make me tons of money. Feels like my soul isn't for sale, or something. Farmville and co... I totally resent the new economic model for 'social' games. Just read what I said above. KMJ is a fantastic game that I'm proud of, but I fear that adding anything to it could compromise the effort I put into making it a truly 'zen' experience.
Of course, your mileage may vary. But that's been my opinion so far. Never say never, as they say.

My dearest friend if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side...
Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever,
For it is plain as anyone can see... We're simply meant to be.
BerserkerPup
Casual Player

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2011, 02:24:30 »

Well, as long as you keep the game site up and available, I'm happy. Wink

I have recommended Kyodai Mahjongg to others many times over the years, and plan to continue to do so.

I haven't posted here in a while, so I hope you're doing well, Nao.  Smile
enephew
Newbie Player

Age N/A

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2013, 07:18:29 »

As a loyal fan I find myself wondering why there has been almost no activity here since 2006 when the newest version came out. Please don't take me wrong I absolutely love this game in fact I refuse to even try any others. Just wondering that's all.

Enephew
mebewatashi
The mighty Turtle!
Veteran Player

Age 66
From Wherever I am, that's my location

Tiptoeing through the tulips. . .

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2013, 18:01:26 »

As a loyal fan I find myself wondering why there has been almost no activity here since 2006 when the newest version came out. Please don't take me wrong I absolutely love this game in fact I refuse to even try any others. Just wondering that's all.

Enephew

According to the Most High [aka Nao]; "it's about as perfect as it can be".  But never say never, though.  He's still got the thought in the back of his mind.  But I will say it's pretty doggone good as it is right now.

That's probably why there hasn't been any new versions since 2006. . .but one can dream, can't they?

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
dmaggard
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 74
From Missouri, USA

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2013, 02:06:08 »

KMJ is in need of maintenance programming. Booster has already found it won't run right in Windows 8.  Windows 7 will be around for quite a while, but it won't last forever, and once it's gone, KMJ will go the way of the doodo.  Which will be a pity.

Life is what happens while you're making other plans.
mebewatashi
The mighty Turtle!
Veteran Player

Age 66

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2013, 03:55:43 »

KMJ is in need of maintenance programming. Booster has already found it won't run right in Windows 8.  Windows 7 will be around for quite a while, but it won't last forever, and once it's gone, KMJ will go the way of the doodo.  Which will be a pity.

Hmm... Hmm... Hmm... I tend to agree.  Can you work on it, Nao?

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
dmaggard
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 74
From Missouri, USA

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2013, 01:12:14 »

Hmm... Hmm... Hmm... I tend to agree.  Can you work on it, Nao?

Unfortunately, I don't think Nao even reads this forum anymore.   Sad

mebewatashi
The mighty Turtle!
Veteran Player

Age 66

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2013, 15:50:50 »

Sad
You may be right.

SirRUSH
Newbie Player

From Ageless

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2014, 09:42:16 »

Hello everyone,

Maybe to help update the game, a suggestion to Port it over to Mac OS X?  I've been moving to Mac OS X since Snow Leopard, and the different advancements to the OS.  Currently, I have Mavericks installed and I really, really like it.  As long as they don't bring that bland look of iOS 7 to it.  Anyway, I haven't tried the game with VMWare Fusion or Parallels.  Personally, I'd love to see this game ported to Mac...natively??  I love the Virtual Screens.  I'm using the Mac more than I am Windows.  I refuse to go Windows 8[.1] because of what Microsoft has done with it.

I still love this game, and that I'm able to create my own "boards" with it.  Because of my eyes, I mostly use the "Easy" tiles.  I have Not come across any other Mahjongg game that has it.  THANK YOU!!  I'm not into Anime at all, so I ignore that part of the game...and it really still has a great Layout.  My machine is advanced, so I use it in Full 3D.

Please, Please....update for Mac OS X.  I'll even support you if you make it a separate price.  Money isn't the Root of all Evil because Evil doesn't exist unless you create it in your Mind.   You should create from your passion, which you have done, and that'll make money.

Smile!

Live Now; Logically and Emotionally Aware of your Thoughts; and you'll create your future and feel it being created.
dmaggard
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 74
From Missouri, USA

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2014, 18:47:51 »

KMJ hasn't been maintained by the developer since 2006.  So it isn't going to happen.

sherbert
Newbie Player

Age N/A

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2014, 11:49:24 »

How do I get the new release Kyodai Mahjongg 2006 1.42 on my new Windows 8.1 computer?
mebewatashi
The mighty Turtle!
Veteran Player

Age 66

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2014, 02:17:25 »

How do I get the new release Kyodai Mahjongg 2006 1.42 on my new Windows 8.1 computer?

My best guess is just download it like you regularly do.  You can download it from this site.

Freddish
Just a Freddish sort of guy.
Veteran Player

Age 61
From Tennessee, U.S.

Sometime entertainer. Married with 3 kids.

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2015, 23:25:35 »

I have to admit, I'm a little concerned about the end of this month.
I'm supposed to upgrade to Windows 10. It shouldn't mess with any of my installed programs, but you never know.
If I disappear and can't get back, take care all.

grammar - you're there too.
mebewatashi
The mighty Turtle!
Veteran Player

Age 66

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2015, 21:37:49 »

I have to admit, I'm a little concerned about the end of this month.
I'm supposed to upgrade to Windows 10. It shouldn't mess with any of my installed programs, but you never know.
If I disappear and can't get back, take care all.

If you disappear, I'll never speak to you again... Lol Lol

Freddish
Just a Freddish sort of guy.
Veteran Player

Age 61
From Tennessee, U.S.

Sometime entertainer. Married with 3 kids.

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2015, 08:17:37 »

chuckle
Good one!  Great!

grammar - you're there too.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: