Cyna Games Forum � November 18, 2000
Cyna Games
35336 Posts in 1434 Topics by 9988 Members. Latest Member: PieLam
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Community home  Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: November 18, 2000  (Read 8496 times)
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 49
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« on: November 18, 2000, 00:00:00 »

I give up on this performance issue with single-texturing. I tested the whole thing on my secondary PC, and it showed a jump from 45 fps to 60 fps between v14.00 and v15.21. As it should be. I've also noticed that the driver issue also appears on Windows 98. So it's not a Windows 2000 specific.  Now let's do something more interesting. I've finally uploaded a public beta version of Kyodai 15.21 ! It is *very* beta, in the sense that it's full of little glitches here and here. Nothing serious, but on one version it doesn't have the Emboss mapping, on another it doesn't have the Environment mapping, etc. Both versions should work for you, but I'd like you to test anyway. So, let's download kyo-beta.exe (2,2mb) first, launch it, install the program (preferably in a different directory), and try to launch the two executables provided. You can choose the "Reset Options" shortcut to be sure to launch them on a clean system. Then I'd like you to send me a report on whether these two versions work, whether or not you found any problems (NOT minor graphic problems... I'm talking about error messages or crashes here), and which of the versions are best for you. By the way, one of them uses DirectX 6.1, the other uses DirectX 7.0. I won't tell exactly, though Wink...  Now I'm eagerly waiting for your feedback ! Thanks ! If I get enough feedback as soon as possible, I may be able to launch the final (bug-free) version of Kyodai 15.21 this week.  PS : I've also added a poll about this, if you're too shy to send me an e-mail... Wink Although I'd love to get your personal thoughts, especially if you send me your performance tests (enable "Show Benchmark" in the 3D menu), more precisely comparisons between the Special Effects "None" and "Environment Mapping", especially if you own a NVidia video card... Wink

My dearest friend if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side...
Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever,
For it is plain as anyone can see... We're simply meant to be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: