Cyna Games Forum � February 5, 2002
Cyna Games
35332 Posts in 1434 Topics by 9988 Members. Latest Member: PieLam
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Community home  Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: February 5, 2002  (Read 8771 times)
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 49
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« on: February 05, 2002, 00:00:00 »

Hello... I'm pretty happy with the results of my new poll. Apparently only 7% of you aren't happy with the new version. And over 80% are excited about it ! Actually I've noticed that the number of technical support e-mail has dropped a little, concentrating more on mouse problems (which I have unfortunately not been able to reproduce so far with any of my mice), and less on crash issues. Switching to DirectX 7.0 was not such a bad idea after all ! And if you still have technical problems, consider buying a good 3D card. (Think GeForce/R8500)  On the programming front, I've been working on a lot of things. Until yesterday I had nothing spectacular added to Kyodai, but a lot of minor improvements that make me feel better when watching them... Smile And yesterday, when I was about to release a beta version to registered users, I noticed a minor bug in 2D mode and when I fixed it, I figured I wanted to add those nice realistic tiles to the 2D mode as well. I'd given up on this in the previous version because it really made my work a lot harder than it should, but I had nothing special to do yesterday and I was ready to work on this. And I'm glad I did because it looks good. Not perfect, but much better than the current 2D mode. The downside is that I now have a lot of new minor bugs to fix before having a version ready for release, eh eh. But I'll probably get rid of them by the end of the week. Maybe in a couple of days actually. I'm working on them right now.  And finally, I've sent the language file updates to all my translation volunteers, and hopefully there'll be a lot of up-to-date translations for this release as well. It will be a first, I guess ! And hopefully I can get some pretty old translations to be updated as well. You never know !  PS : in 19 days, on February 24, Kyodai Mahjongg will be 5 years old. I'd like to celebrate this birthday, but I have absolutely no idea what to do, and probably even less time to devote to it. But I'd like all of you to play a game of Kyodai for me on this day Smile

My dearest friend if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side...
Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever,
For it is plain as anyone can see... We're simply meant to be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: