Cyna Games Forum � September 14, 2000
Cyna Games
35336 Posts in 1434 Topics by 9988 Members. Latest Member: PieLam
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Community home  Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: September 14, 2000  (Read 12455 times)
Nao
Grumpy Creator
Mahjongg Emperor

Age 49
From Paris, France

Full geek, semi-retired.

« on: September 14, 2000, 00:00:00 »

Hmm... Just bought a GeForce 2 MX card today. Installed it, along with the super-fast Detonator3 drivers, launched Kyodai, and compared the results... With my Matrox G400 card I had about 86 frames per second with my favorite options enabled (high-resolution textures, background cube), and with my new card I barely reach 96 frames per second... Which represents an improvement of about 10%. Not much, compared with all the fuss about these GeForce cards... Anyway. It's better than nothing. But I have to admit that I was expecting something better (yes, I know, you can tell me the GeForce 2 GTS is much better, but I don't think it would achieve more than 100 fps on Kyodai). I could start working on using hardware T&L on my game, but I think it would actually lower the framerate (it's a common problem when you don't use a lot of polygons in the scene). If any of you here has a GeForce 2 MX (or GTS) card, could you tell me the framerate you get on Kyodai ? Along with your processor's frequency (mine is a Pentium III 450mhz). Thanks !  Apart from that, my secondary PC broke down after I simply removed its keyboard after a reboot. So I can't test any network code from now on -- and my girlfriend can't go online, which is a shame. Also, we're being invaded by... fleas. Mutant fleas. Never seen anything like that in my life. I spent something like $100 (maybe more) on flea-killing products, but none of them worked -- they actually made things worse. I have over 50 flea pimples on my skin -- can you just imagine that ? I can't even sleep anymore for a straight 6 hours. Well, it's definitely not the best week in my life...

My dearest friend if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side...
Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever,
For it is plain as anyone can see... We're simply meant to be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: